Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-01-2006 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber

UV Texture Editor Error Msg

trying to load up texture editor and getting this error msg:

// Error: file: M:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/scripts/others/textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel line 1173: Object not found: polyTexturePlacementPanel1 //
// Error: file: M:/Program Files/Alias/Maya7.0/scripts/others/texturePanel.mel line 361: Object not found: polyTexturePlacementPanel1 //

any idea what this means?!! first time ive had this problem with maya.

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 2 12-02-2006 , 08:43 PM
I don´t know much about mel, but you could try something. change your script. replace
"polyTexturePlacementPanel1" in line 1173 and 361 with "TextureViewWindow" and save it. then reopen maya.

if that doesn´t work try this: in the scriptEditor check "Echo All Commands". now open the textureEditor by using maya´s GUI.

doing so my SE says:

editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;
TextureViewWindow;
tearOffPanel "UV Texture Editor" "polyTexturePlacementPanel" true;
addTextureWindow polyTexturePlacementPanel1;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel1;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel2;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel3;
createModelPanelMenu modelPanel4;
buildPanelPopupMenu graphEditor1;
buildPanelPopupMenu polyTexturePlacementPanel1;
// Result: polyTexturePlacementPanel1Window //

//closing the textureEditor//
removeTextureWindow polyTexturePlacementPanel1;

I know this sounds weird, cause by default textureEditor is panel1. if you have another panelnumber, let´s say polyTexturePlacementPanel23, change this number in your script. that might be of no help at all, but whenever I have a prob I take a close look to what the SE says. SE is a real great improvement for troubleshooting.

cheers!

# 3 13-02-2006 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber
oo cheers for ya reply, forgot to update this. i found out what the problem was... i was running an old maya 6.0 scene file with maya 6.0 preferences dumped into maya 7.0 (copied preferences file over) which was not a good idea cause some of the settings conflicted with others. everytime i ran texture editor it wouldnt load, same when i tried render view and which for some bizzare reason the title bar stated "render panel 1" apposed to render view...

i sorted it out by copying the models and scene objects from the old file to the windows clipboard and then pasted it in a fresh maya 7 window, worked fine since. not sure what the exact cause was.

i took your advice and re-created a script that would force those settings in the event i get that error again. Thank you for the tech support!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)