Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-08-2007 , 05:25 PM

lip sync program

i want program work with maya which can make lip sync for characters by typing words and lip sync occurs automatic plz tell me about it my mail is battaya2000@yahoo.com

# 2 26-08-2007 , 05:40 PM
Lifetime Member
Sorry there is no such program and i don't think there is ever likely to be in the near future either since what you are asking for would be an incredible achievement for a plugin.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 26-08-2007 , 05:46 PM
Jr.Who
I’ve heard of things like that (where you had to make the mouth shape for different letters (“O”, “I”, “E”, etc.), and it would animate the rest for you), but it’s not a plug-in for Maya.

# 4 26-08-2007 , 05:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Jr Who , can it rig a cluster for the lips and make the vowels by typing in the words ?..lol

# 5 26-08-2007 , 05:48 PM
Exactly John,

Doing something like that without any reference would be a massive, massive achevement, and probably would win you a massive award as well as a sack load of cash!

there is a studio in manchester that does have a software that can take a video of someone talking and then convert it to an animation, without markers, heres the link

https://www.image-metrics.com/

in the news section theres a demo of it, dosent really tell you much about how it works but I recon it might use hidden marcov models and fuzzy logic to "predict" the movements of set areas of the face using tracking via image porcessing software such as open CV, im starting using it to try to do some basic auto motion capture for uni.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 26-08-2007 , 05:58 PM

maya lipsync software

i mean i need lipsync software work with maya to make at least my lipsync work by it it take long to hand key for lipsync

# 7 26-08-2007 , 06:07 PM
Lifetime Member
The only way I know of that you can shorten the lipsync process is to create a blendshape for each vowel and a few consonants then morph to each vowel and consonant as needed with whatever word is required,unfortunately at present you have to spend the time making the blendshapes but once made the actual lipsync can go quite fast since you use the same shapes for every word in varying amounts .

This site might help you

https://www.keithlango.com/tutorials/old/lipSync.htm

Last edited by jsprogg; 26-08-2007 at 06:18 PM.
# 8 26-08-2007 , 06:29 PM
Lifetime Member

# 9 26-08-2007 , 09:59 PM
Jr.Who
Is there a reason you created another topic for this?

# 10 27-08-2007 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
the orc lyp sync tut might save you some time while you develope this amazing software.., may as well sart doing it the way the pros do and work your way from there user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 11 27-08-2007 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber
dr who, if your game you could 'e-mail' and find out the reason??? personally i'll sit on the fence!

take it easy and life will be easy