Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-04-2008 , 03:11 PM

rain tutorial

Hi,

I know how to create the rain with maya's particle using streak. How could i get the photoreal rain. The problem is that i get white kind of look for the rain. doing some post processing in after effects i could get the feel. But I would like to know is there any other way to get the real effect. And also the splashes. they are not so real that that i think. However i could get some intermediate result..

# 2 18-04-2008 , 09:58 PM
Mike made a video tutorial to do just what you are looking for here:
https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=15

Also, check the Maya help docs for:
Particle Instancer and Collision Events.

Use the particle instancer to replace your "white particles" with a "raindrop-looking" geometry shape, and setup a collision event with your particleShape to your ground geometry, so when your raindops hit the floor, they will die, and emit new particle-streaks to simulate a small "splash"user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com