Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-11-2013 , 11:08 PM

Facial animation problem

Hi,

I have made a rig in Maya and now I am trying to animate it to read a short text. I have come a bit into my lip synching but now I am facing the problem that it feels like my lip movements are going way to fast and seem to have no smoothness to them. I have tried changing the tangents to linear in the Graph editor and it smoothed it out a bit.

Is there any other way to get some nice polishing touches to the animation so it seems more smooth and fluent? Now I think it is stuttering when the keys are too close to each other.

This is my first rig and I am simply experimenting with everything I can think of. I would greatly appreciate any help someone could give me user added image

Barrie

# 2 01-01-2014 , 10:05 PM
Try the simplify curve function or the euler filter. Red9 provides a plugin that dynamically canges tese as well. For free. He is one of the head TD's at Crytek fyi...