Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 91 11-05-2003 , 01:46 AM
yeah this is it

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 92 11-05-2003 , 01:47 AM
thank you..muchly appreciated

# 93 13-05-2003 , 11:56 AM
I HATE rendering! I have been rendering for about 15 hours now and I have had 5 hours sleep in that time... shadow maps suck and I hate myself for hitting delete! damn it!! I'm rendering the final frames for the animation (Well I Hope that they're the last frames, I never want to see a bloody stunt plane EVER AGAIN!) ...... I'm sooo tired!! Sorry I had to vent this somewhere....

user added image

ALan

IMDB
# 94 13-05-2003 , 12:21 PM
stick with it...we know your pain

# 95 15-05-2003 , 03:37 AM
ok after 3 days of rendering I have some finalised (almost!! user added image) shots. I'm not 100% happy with them but they're pretty much there.

There's one shot in particular I dont like too much I wont say which and see if people bring it or not.

the avi is at https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/largeCut.avi

File is about 11megs and in Divx 5

Sound effects etc are all on the way

Lets hear what you think
user added image

Alan

Ps. I spent an hour painting out (by hand! and I still havent even got half of them!) these studid little green dots that the maya renderer seems to feel are necessary to inflict on my renders! grrrrrrrr!!! user added image

IMDB
# 96 19-05-2003 , 03:39 AM
DUDE!!!!

That is soooo cool man!

Great job!

ps - LOVE the smoke! Especialy the "smoke-cam" shots when the camera is mounted to your plane looking at the trailing smoke!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 97 19-05-2003 , 03:48 AM
looks awesome..well done

# 98 22-05-2003 , 11:42 PM
ok ladies and germs! IT'S DONE!!!!! thank the lord!!!! I didnt think it would ever get there but i'm done fini, finish, se acabo!

The first file is the full size large divx one weighs in at about 31 megs. The second one is the smaller one it's about xxx megs

you can get them here:

https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/chocksAway720x576.avi
https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/chocksAway300x240.avi

I hope you guys enjoy it I know it's been "fun" making it user added image

The words "never again" spring to mind!!!!! Although that being said I am hatching an evil plot for my next project already!!! stay tuned! user added image

Big thank you to everyone who gave C+C it's all been very very very very very helpful believe me!!! :banana: :banana:

Alan

Ps. I'm off to post this on CGTalk as well just to see myself get ripped to shreads!!! user added image this will be my first post in there so I hope they go easy on me!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

IMDB
# 99 22-05-2003 , 11:58 PM
Really nice mate.... Great lighting and shot layout..... My only crit on the animation is in some of the scenes the planes seem to float and have no sence of speed... It was only in 2 small sequences. Other than that really really nice....

Great Job

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 100 23-05-2003 , 12:03 AM
thanks Kurt, I'm aware of the "floating" issue and the problem is that that is inherent from the original flocking system. I tried fixing it in maya but it's just gonna be one of those things... user added image I've learnt loads and I'm thinking of a couple of projects where I could use the techniques I learnt again (in a VERY different way) so I will fix it there user added image

Alan

IMDB
# 101 23-05-2003 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
Pure_Morning - congradulations on finishing your project - I get sense it's been a real experience for you - time to get on to something completely different!

It's got a really nice feel to it. I've got a few crits on the animation but you've already explained what you're doing with the flocking program and it makes sense.

Overall I'd say the project makes you want a whole lot more and that's a good thing. You've got the technical side telling enough story that it makes you feel like character, plot, obstacles and development are missing. And sound!

Nice colour palette. Nice sense of space when the camera is panning in across the floor and under the wing of the plane taking off.

Right on! looking forward to future projects from you.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 102 23-05-2003 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
sweeeeet man, came out awesome! You should tell you're professor that you're smoke shader is gonna be in a movie = )

Only thing i don't like is that long pause in one of the first shots. Nothing happens its boring. I love the rest tho!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 103 23-05-2003 , 07:09 PM
Just great man!

Love the colors and I basicly agree with Kurts commentsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 104 23-05-2003 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
very nice work, im impressed

"The nutmeg is the epitome of nuts"
# 105 23-05-2003 , 07:57 PM
Loved it... Great work!

What is the background music? Sounds familiar...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!