Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 29-08-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
That's how fridge looked like from the back?!(Look of shock)

One way to make the puddle is to create a poly sphere, turn it into a smooth proxy, than flattening it down to the floor, tweak it, then apply your wonderful texture. I think.

# 47 29-08-2003 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm Better hit F1 on that 1...But I kinda understand, will give it a go...
Thanks user added image

Oh yeah, and can someone tell me how to fill a container with a fluid? (Container is revoled if that helps)....

Plus still need coily Cord and a mesh/grate...If someone has the know-how..?

Regards Scraggy

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 29-08-2003 at 07:41 PM.
# 48 29-08-2003 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
If you still have the revolved container's original curve, duplicate one and size it down, and revolve the second curve, it should fit your container well. I gave the fluid the same texture I gave glass (some color and play with transparency), that's the only way I know how :-).

Cord has something to do with twist deformer, but I was also defeated by that one, even F1 didn't help. :-(

# 49 30-08-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

Re: Liquid problem...

I should really have explained my container, it's kind of like one of those cheapo 'Washing up bowls' you put in the sink? I don't know if you have similar bowls in Canada..?
Kind of a squat shaped bucket, so the liquid will be viewed from the top only, as it's not transparent.
So I don't think that method will work (Or maybe I have it wrong?)

Hmm maybe if i just make a sheet of glass? Hmmm.... will give it a go...
Regards user added image Scraggy

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 30-08-2003 at 07:44 PM.
# 50 31-08-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for having me.. (hmmm) lol I better not...

Thanks all .... I really enjoyed that and learned so much !

Good luck to all who entered the competition............ user added image

And even double luck to those that have renders in the Final.
I'm really glad I don't have to choose the winner cos they are all soooo mighty fine/good AND completely different .... Nice 1 guys...

Scraggy

B.T.W. If you will still have me user added image (Scraggy tries to look 'cute' ) I will try next months. challenge..

" I DO DO Cute" user added image (well allright a creepy sorta "doggy" grin sometimes)