Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-11-2005 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber

Image Planes

Hello,

I've searched through the internet looking for help but alas cannot find any info on this.

I'm trying to model some cars, using blueprints as references. I've tried to set them up in each plane and they look as though they are all matched up.

But when I go to construct a part of the car, its fine in a couple of views but mis alligned in the 3rd view.

Does anyone have any tips or links to a tutorial site please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Regs,

Keith

Last edited by Keith160377; 04-11-2005 at 04:26 PM.
# 2 05-11-2005 , 04:18 PM
Simply Maya OG
Take your ref images into Photoshop/Whatever paint program you use, and draw guide lines. A simple cross on each image will do. Bring them back into Maya, and align all the lines where they should meet up. Ex; the verticle line on the side image should line up with the verticle line on the top/bottom image. user added image Hope this helps somewhat.

- Hybrid
# 3 09-11-2005 , 01:29 PM
Subscriber
Thanks very much for your help.

It seems to have done the trick but the bonnet isnt lining up. I really think that this is down to the person who drew the blue print.

Thanks again.

# 4 11-11-2005 , 05:39 PM
Hey Keith,

Thanks for the help dude... You should know who this is!!

Knossos.....

Speak Later dude... and i'll send you some images of the car...user added image

Knossos_MK
# 5 11-11-2005 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
Ellio Knossos, welcome to the forums!!

Glad I could help you out. I hope that what I tried to explain made sense.

There are lots of helpful people on these forums who know a s#!t load more than what I do.

Happy browsing!!!