SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Materials & Textures / Want to tile normap, but not texture

Maya Materials & Textures Shaders, Textures & UV Layout

Join the conversation. Reply to post

08-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
tolaris

Want to tile bump, but not texture
I think the title says it all, but anyway....

I have a head texture and a normal map all made for it. Anyway, after playing around a bit i found that id like to tile the bump map a bit without tiling the texture.

Now for all who say, just tile in photoshop, my problem there is that i dont want the bump map size/Kb to be any bigger. Is this just a wish list request, or am i just missing something?

thx for the help

Last edited by tolaris; 08-05-2007 at 10:22 AM.
11-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
NeoStrider

i would have to say that as long as your bump map isn't connected to your texture map (save them as separate files and then connect them) then you should be able to alter the settings for your bump map without altering the regular texture map settings.

(meaning, don't make a texture map with an alpha channel, create the texture map and save a separate bump map)