Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-12-2013 , 05:06 PM

Iphone model helpp!!

Can someone please help me, I have a very close deadline and I have really been struggling with Maya. It seems I spend hours and hours trying to learn, and I'm not getting very far.

I need a model of an Iphone 5. If anybody could create me one, or take what I've done so far and advance it. I'm getting to the end of my tether with this. lol.

Please help,, I'm not sure what else to do. Claz.

# 2 04-12-2013 , 08:05 PM
What kind of deadline is this? School? I have enclosed half of an iphone 5 model given I am not doing someone elses work. Maybe it will give you an idea on edgeflow...

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip halfIphone5.zip (44.4 KB, 288 views)
# 3 04-12-2013 , 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
Eh? If you were struggling so much then why didn't you ask for tips before the deadline became an issue?

- Genny
# 4 14-01-2014 , 11:04 AM
try to figure out a smart way to layout your quads (sketch or just have a picture in your head) and with reference pictures you go and model it ... its like everything else. now Chavfister seems to have sent you a good picture of how to layout your quads. Follow that layout and do your best to lay it out with the reference pictures ..

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 5 04-02-2014 , 12:50 PM
dont use boolean if ur modeling it for production type modeling i check u r model and they so much booleans i recommend use chamfer vertex to convert a 1 vertex to quad and apply bevels to the corner of edges to create a good mesh so after doing this press 3 for smooth view u see a quad now turning in to the cylinder shape also do major things like break a single asset to multiple thing model it for ex ur iphone button u have just extrude it which creating so much connectivity of triangles and u just keep wasting ur time in converting them into quads so i recommend to create a button in a new mesh and then put them back so that it feels that buttons are attaches to it by insisting the extrude too much that s it also try crease tool for smoothing the bevel of frame of iphone that it