Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-10-2007 , 06:55 PM

Image planes problem

I encountered a bug while practicing polygonal modeling in the Maya tutorial : Autodesk/Maya8.5/docs/Maya8.5/en_US/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=LearningResources/Overview__Introduction.html > Polygonal modeling > Leson 1 > Using 2D reference images ( the tutorial with the helmet).

After setting the image plane in front & side orthographic views and save, I noticed that if I open the saved file (*.mb) the image planes also appear in the perspective view and are ridiculously hard to get rid of (I didn't find a way besides deleting them...(which is also ridiculously hard)).

Then (accidentally) I first opened Maya and then used File > Open scene, and everything worked fine.

I'm using Maya 8.5

Did someone else encountered that problem?
Can anyone explain it?
Benny

# 2 08-10-2007 , 09:03 PM
in the image-plane settings, you are supposed to change it from "in all views" to "looking through camera".

that should work.

to access those settings, go to the viewport in which the image plane is, and go to "view>image plane>imageplane attributes"

and click which image-plane it is.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 09-10-2007 , 03:55 AM
Thanks, I tried it and it works fine.