Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-04-2003 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber

UV-Mapping..???

I've been modeling misc stuff for a while, but never really got into texturing. Just using fractal noise and stuff, but when I was looking at the contest forums, I saw this low-poly dude, who had a fancy texture consisting of numbers and colours.

I've been looking into the matter in misc PDF's but I can't figure out hwat he is doing.

While browsing the forum, I've seen people referring to this texturing tutorial by mtmckinley, but I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

-DX-
# 2 16-04-2003 , 08:05 PM

# 3 17-04-2003 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber

Splitting the mesh

Now I've been looking at tutorials, reading manuals and all sorts of stuff, but what I can't figure out is how to split the mesh into smaller fragments in the UV Texture editor.

Right now my mesh is a messuser added image with lines going all over the place, crossing and intersecting and i'm starting to get pissed (and it's late)....user added image

-DX-
# 4 17-04-2003 , 11:35 PM
let's say for the head... you can apply a cylinderal mapping on the front, sides and back of the head...leaving the top head and below the chin polygons.... then u can apply a planer mapping on the top of the head... and a planer on the bottom part... and in uv texture editor...you can move the UVs closer...and sew them
i had found this excellent tutorial on the net on unwrapping...lemme see if i could post the link and i m sure it will help ya out...

# 5 17-04-2003 , 11:36 PM
ok i got it.....
here is a veryyy good tutorial on Unwrapping....
www.kniffen.ca
go to tutorials and its the first tutorial there....
ciao.