Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-04-2013 , 11:44 AM

Mesh separated from animated joints

user added image

I don't even know what to call this problem. The thing is, the rest of my Maya files are fine except for this one.

Someone... Please tell me this is fixable. user added image

Last edited by Nadilean; 28-04-2013 at 06:21 AM.
# 2 27-04-2013 , 12:34 PM
The thin red line
I think you uploaded a image but I cannot see it try using jpeg..............dave

# 3 27-04-2013 , 01:02 PM
Updated the post.

# 4 27-04-2013 , 01:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
that link you posted just says this when i click it

Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

you need to sort out your dropbox settings

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 27-04-2013 , 01:53 PM
Fixed it. Hopefully its ok now.

# 6 27-04-2013 , 02:35 PM
EduSciVis-er
So it looks like your control curves aren't influencing your mesh, but other than that, there's no information. You might not know what to call the problem, but you can describe it. How did you get to this point? What kind of rig/project are you using? Did you reference it? Did you scale it? Does this only happen at frame 181 or does it look like this when you open the file? Is the skeleton with the mesh or the control curves?

# 7 27-04-2013 , 02:40 PM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks stwert i was just going to say we need more information in order to help user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 27-04-2013 , 03:13 PM
Sorry. I was in a panic just now.

All of them are references.

I do not know how I got to this point. All I did was add an extra blend shape node to the original file. I have several Maya files using the same reference files and all of them are fine except for this one. I'm using IK rig. Yes I scale it but I did that at the beginning before animating anything. No it was like this for the whole file. The picture only shows the control curves. The control curves moves and it still preserves the key frames.

For some reason the mesh went back to its original state even though when I click on it the key frames for the blend shapes is still there. Looked at the channel box too and realized the inputs/blendshapes are all gone.

I'd checked the joints too and it's in the scaled size. Only the mesh...