Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-08-2014 , 07:36 AM

Changing Maya Preferences

Hi I have been using maya for a number of years,

The one issue I am having is that when ever i start up a new project I need to go back into my user preferences and change the time to 25fps PAL because it keeps going back to its default of 24fps

Is there a way I can make it so my User preferences stay the way I like with out having to go back and set the time and units all over again every time i start a new project ?

I use both OSX and Windows

and I am using Maya 2014 and Maya 2013

Thank you.
user added image

# 2 25-08-2014 , 01:32 PM
Hi,

You wont find the solution for this in preferences, even though you can change the settings there for the project you are working on.

The answer you are looking for is to go to the "file menu", "new scene" (options)
Set your default working units and desired frame count there.

Now each time Maya opens or you make a new scene you will have whatever time code you set, Film/PAL/NTSC etc ....and whatever frames you set in the timeline.