Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-03-2007 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber

X-Wing toy model...

I saw one of my younger sibling's toy X-Wing, so I thought I might try to model it. I do not know how to use all the modeling tools, so this probably could have been done better. I also have some scaling to do on some parts of it, but as soon as I find a digital camera, I will try to do scale changes. The first image is the engine thing. The second is the wing. And the third is a duplicated wing put around a block. I still have some more detail to add, and some poly-unions, but I thought I might get some opinions on how it looks. Renders will be coming soon! Comments/Critasism (or however you spell that) would be more than welcome!

TheFourRidersuser added image

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.

Last edited by TheFourRiders; 19-03-2007 at 09:00 PM.
# 2 19-03-2007 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
Engine...

Attached Thumbnails

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 3 19-03-2007 , 01:24 PM
Subscriber
Wing...

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 19-03-2007 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
And the duplication...

P.S. Sorry the images are scaled so large! I will try to fix that.

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 19-03-2007 , 05:23 PM
That looks good so far. I'm excited to see it finished! KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 6 20-03-2007 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
Awesome The fourRiders!!! I cant wait to see it finished!!When I get mine going, I will post it asap!! Thank you too for checking out my jedi fighter post too!user added image

I noticed you are running maya 64 bit! How do you like it? and is it any more faster then the regular 32? user added image

Keep in touch!

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental
# 7 20-03-2007 , 11:44 PM
19 year Veteran
Very nice progress ThefourRiders!user added image

# 8 22-03-2007 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
Thank you all for your comments! I really do enjoy them. To Shredder777: You know, I don't really know if it's the fact that I used a different computer (that rendered so much faster than my previous) when I started with 8.5, or if it's 8.5 itself. My older brother suprised me by almost completely giving me his computer (I use it for whatever, but it is techniclly still his), and had an even bigger suprise. I was, up until that point, using 7 PLE, and he got 8.5 for me. Special thanks to him! So I am pretty sure that 64 bit did have something to do with Maya going faster, but I also am now using a much faster computer.

One last little note: I have found some reference images on a different website for the x-wing. It is not based on the toy I am modeling, but I can use it for scaling. If anybody wants them, just let me know. I will probably post an update tomorrow evening. So until then...

TheFourRiders

# 9 22-03-2007 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
Thank you all for your comments! I really do enjoy them. To Shredder777: You know, I don't really know if it's the fact that I used a different computer (that rendered so much faster than my previous) when I started with 8.5, or if it's 8.5 itself. My older brother suprised me by almost completely giving me his computer (I use it for whatever, but it is techniclly still his), and had an even bigger suprise. I was, up until that point, using 7 PLE, and he got 8.5 for me. Special thanks to him! So I am pretty sure that 64 bit did have something to do with Maya going faster, but I also am now using a much faster computer.

One last little note: I have found some reference images on a different website for the x-wing. It is not based on the toy I am modeling, but I can use it for scaling. If anybody wants them, just let me know. I will probably post an update tomorrow evening. So until then...

TheFourRiders

# 10 22-03-2007 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber
That is really awesome! It would be a little harder to tell if you got 2 upgrades at once! user added image I was considering building a fast dual 64bit workstation just for my modelinguser added image

Thanks for the insight on your system! I would be interested in the website for the x-wing. I am still texturing my jedi fighter using simplymaya UV texturing for the jedi starfighter instead of cinema4d.

Looking forward to your progress. user added image

Take care..

S

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental
# 11 22-03-2007 , 10:20 AM
Subscriber
The images here contain more than just the x-wing. They are (obviously) in the Star Wars section, and I have found about three in the different sub-sections. Hope you do well!

TheFourRiders

P.S. I found this through someone else's hyperlink at a different website.

# 12 24-03-2007 , 12:02 AM
Holy crap, that looks amazing!

Yay, not a freshman anymore!