Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-03-2016 , 05:56 AM

Maya problem

Hi everyone!

So i've got this issue about maya. I dont know what's the problem but it seems like the software is not working properly. I believe that my computer specs is enough to run maya properly. Btw I'm using a gaming notebook (https://gaming.msi.com/products/note...es?id=MTE0ODU=)

Every time when I make objects, select objects/resize/rotate it doesn't interact with the mouse at the time that I make changes, and also the tool bar or menu bar, It doesn't highlight the menus especially when pressing space bar the hot box isn't showing up. I'm not sure what's happening because I just recently bought the laptop.

Hope you can help me with this problem!
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-03-2016 , 02:04 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try deleting the preferences, updating your graphics driver, and reinstalling maya, in that order.

# 3 15-03-2016 , 08:09 PM
@stwert

Hi stwert! first of all sorry about the way how I ask my question.

I did what you said but the problem still occurs, at first maya works properly about a second or two then everything's messed up, when closing maya I need to end the process in order for it to close. I tried installing quicktime but still, maya doesnt work proplery.

Here's the link of me using maya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4uY3LMjIuA

Thank you for your reply!

Last edited by czarryano; 16-03-2016 at 03:05 AM.
# 4 16-03-2016 , 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Latest service packs for Maya installed? Is your firewall getting in Maya's way?

Also that dynamic brightness feature would drive me nuts ><

- Genny
# 5 16-03-2016 , 08:59 PM
Right now I uninstalled maya 2014 and installed the 2015 trial version, Im not sure if this is the latest version, and also unblocked maya in my firewall but the problem is still there. Maya works properly for a second or three after that everything's messed up.

Does anti-virus affect any application? Im using norton as my anti-virus.

# 6 16-03-2016 , 09:06 PM
EduSciVis-er
2016 is the latest version. Anti-virus shouldn't affect the program when it's running. Maybe during install, but if it appeared to install correctly, I don't think that should be an issue. That's very strange.

# 7 16-03-2016 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Its a driver problem with the graphic card - I had a problem few years ago with my laptops nvidia card within it doing the same things - It was last time I got a laptop. Update your drivers but dont get any "Game Ready" versions or look for some custom ones - That fixed it for me but went back to desktops soon after that.

# 8 17-03-2016 , 02:24 AM
@tweetytunes
Yeah that's what I suspected, but every time that I do an update of my driver, it always gives the game ready driver. Ill try to do a recovery system and see if that will solve the problem.

thank you!

Last edited by czarryano; 17-03-2016 at 02:43 AM.
# 9 17-03-2016 , 01:14 PM
EduSciVis-er
On the Nvidia site, you can search for older drivers, might be able to find one that isn't the "game ready" type.

# 10 18-03-2016 , 04:26 AM
@stwert Yeah, I also did that but unfortunately older version of nvidia driver doesn't support my current hardware, I think it is because my video card is sli and it needs the latest version of the driver, but Im not sure about that. Im just wondering if windows.net framework also affect the application itself or the directX that Im using (currently dirx12)