Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-01-2005 , 03:28 PM

Text disappears in batch render

I tried to make an animation, in which a lamp moves along a path, lighting some text.

The text was made with the text tool and then I used the BevelPlus tool to get it in 3D. When I render one frame, I get the text and the lamp, as it should be, but when I render the movie the text has disappeared.

When I close Maya and open my scene again, the text has disappeared, but in the outliner, all objects are still there.

Does anyone know what's going wrong?

# 2 02-01-2005 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
Hi i have had this problem before. I think its a bug with maya.
I found that if i make the text, then do the beveling, and then del history, it would be fine when i saved it and reopened. But when i didnt del history, and saved, i would reopen it and the text would be missing, and just the curves would be left.

Anyhow, this fixed it for me.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 02-01-2005 , 11:31 AM
It works for me as well. My bevelled text stays in the scene.
Rendering the animation also works. The text now appears in the movie as it should.

Thanks a lot!