Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-07-2014 , 12:14 AM

Texture 3d

Hello, for some months I have used 3d programs (Blender, Maya and ZBrush) watching the tutorials I find on the web, and I already do clothes, objects, I take AO, put skeleton in clothes. I know the basics, but my textures always go opactas,
no glare and noobs ... could someone give me tips to at least I know where to start to stop making nice textures?

# 2 07-07-2014 , 06:35 AM
The thin red line
Could you show some examples of what you mean..............dave

not sure what opactas means

# 3 07-07-2014 , 09:33 PM
I make the textures of the clothing using Ambient Occlusion, because the shadow map always gets dark parts.
My clothes:
user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image
opacts = dull, bland
in Portuguese

# 4 08-07-2014 , 05:18 PM
The thin red line
You can use the "cloth" node in the hypershade to add bump and spec (use blinn for main shader), you do need to increase the repeat uv to some thing like 512x512 to get the texture small enough. Also look at the ramp shader for stuff like velvet..............dave

# 5 08-07-2014 , 11:09 PM
Super Moderator
Ah, O.K I think I get what you're saying. It's a combination of a couple things. The light and camera are angled facing front and center, which will make most subjects look flat especially ones with a matte surface like what we see here. The dark areas are appearing because of the lack of bouncing light which looks strange with a white background, check out Final Gathering.

To expand on Dave's comment, many fabrics will have some degree of highlighting around the contours, this is caused by tiny fibers catching light. You could use a technique like this and adjust the gradiant colors based on how subtle the "fuzz" needs to be(see velvet near the bottom of the page).

- Genny
# 6 09-07-2014 , 09:22 PM
The scenario in which the clothes are not is the maya is a 3d game called Second Life.
*In Maya they are ok, but when they are shooting the bake with the dark parts,
I'll test done you guys talked.

thank you for answers

Last edited by Fernanda; 09-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.