Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-09-2003 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

UVs Backwards - Flipping not working

I am using Danny's uv tools to lay out the head of my barbarian chap for this months challenge.

I assigned the materials to the different groups of faces as per the tutorial and laid out the UVs, however I have noticed that on some of the shell the UV's on the right in the editor appear on the left of the model in the perspective view etc etc.

I tried selecting the shell of the bits that are backwards and flipping it over using poly flip UVs, but it says 'current selection does not match required selection type'. Should I be selecting something else?

Anyone got any ideas? I am a bit stuck as the bits that are not backwards don't match the bits that are. It was all going rather well too up until now....

# 2 20-09-2003 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Thought I would add a picture to assist.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 20-09-2003 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
Oh idiot, select the faces not the UVs.....d'ohhh.

BTW these tools are great, thanks Danny, such a useful thing to have, highly recommended and thanks for version 2 with it's useful interface and things! Highly recommended to anyone going through the hell of unwrapping.

Last edited by Witchy; 20-09-2003 at 09:26 PM.