Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-10-2003 , 01:29 PM
Subscriber

Creating textures/Brush spacing

Hi,
I'm trying to create some textures for my scene (A hallway and bedroom) and am struggling with Photoshop.
My idea is to use one of those patterened brushes in P/shop - But to get it looking good I somehow need to space out the brushes evenly.
I realize the 'Shift' button constrains the brush in the 'X' or 'Y' axis, but I need a regular spacing between them to create the effect (I think????)
Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

And 1 other thing, I notice when using the 'Shift' key to repeat the pattern that on the second and subsequent strokes, that it lays a diagonal one down first? I have to Cntrl-Z then apply the proper stroke every time when using shift to constrain? What am I doing wrong?

Regards Scraggy

# 2 22-10-2003 , 04:21 PM
Check the dynamic settings in your brush pallete (in the pallete well or menu)

Look for spacing in there.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 25-10-2003 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber

Hmmm no joy?

I had a good look but could not find anything? - Can you be more specific on which part i'm looking for? I cannot find anything 'dynamic' ?

Regards Scraggy

# 4 25-10-2003 , 09:08 PM
use paths and the grid and then aply the brush to the path(search in the documentation)

# 5 26-10-2003 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber

Thanks

Ok - Will have a look, cheers - Hmm sounds very interesting user added image

Regards Scraggy

# 6 26-10-2003 , 09:34 PM
In Photoshop, the shift key automatically connects the current brush stroke with the previous one. This allows you to essentiall do a connect the dots type of drawing.

Dynamic settings for brushes are found in the Brush palette of Photoshop 7. If you're using an older version, you might need to double-click one of the brush icons to open up the brush editor.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 7 29-10-2003 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

Woo Hooo

Hmm Ok I get that, that is to create lines/brushes between points, but what I mean is say u wanted to create a Vertical lined
wallpaper, then how could you space the brushes accurately?

Ok I use Shift to select the stroke so it is vertical, but how do I space them accurately?

Thanks Scraggy

Hmm maybe thats what you mean, Can u try explain more?
BTW i'm using P/Shop 7

user added image

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 29-10-2003 at 12:18 AM.
# 8 29-10-2003 , 01:38 AM
I would draw one line on an empty layer. Then duplicate the later and move it over. Repeate as needed.

You could also define that vertical line as a pattern and then fill the area with the pattern using Edit > Fill or the paint bucket.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job