Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-04-2004 , 04:10 AM

Multiple image maps for one poly object possible?

I have a fully textured head that I'm pretty happy with. The UVs are laid out well enough and it has a 2048x2048 image map and bump map.

I then modelled a character recently with a head that I don't like, and want to combine the new body I made with this original head.

The thing I'm wondering is; is it possible for me to comine the two while still letting me keep the UVs and seperate texture for my head object? I'd then need to lay the Uvs for the body out and use a different texture for it.

Is it hard/easy/impossible?

Are there any tutorials for this (more along the lines of my situation)? any help would be a life saver.

Thanks.

I consist of mostly water.
# 2 21-04-2004 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
u cud make the head one texture, select the body and apply another shader, when u combine u shud still be able to keep the 2 seperate maps

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 22-04-2004 , 12:45 PM
Thanks for the input. I've decided that what I'm trying to do probably isn't possible though.

It's turned out to be no trouble at all to assign different shaders to different areas of one mesh. If it is all one mesh though, it's all one set of UVs, and even if I do use seperate image files on different parts, the parts still occupy the same (smaller than they would otherwise be) space in the UV layout, making it pointless.

I'll live though...just would have been nice user added image.

Cheers.

I consist of mostly water.