Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-05-2005 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber

image plane textures appearing on primitives being created in viewport

Hi folks,

I'm modeling a character and have dragged my character reference images from the hypershade onto my image planes in maya but everytime I create geometry in maya the reference images appear on the geometry.

can anyone help?

Cheers munny.

# 2 08-05-2005 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Hi..

I strongly suspect that the problem is you might not have created a material for each image plane (a common beginner´s mistake as far as I know).

If this is indeed the problem, here´s what you should do:

Before you create any reference image materials, remember to create a new one. This can be done in a few different ways, but the easiest is to simply open the Hypershade editor, and in the menu to the left click the Lambert button. This will create a new material, that you can safely attach an image to.

The problem probably is that you have accidentally attached an image to the default material Lambert1..

Hope it helps!

PS/ there are a few of the free tutorials on this site that goes over the whole setting-up-the-image-planes thing (can´t remember which right now), which it would be a good idea to DL and watch.

Cheers, MX.

------------------------------------------------
Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
------------------------------------------------
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
# 3 09-05-2005 , 09:19 AM
Subscriber

image planes

Thanks for the help,MX

I'll have a look at the tutorials as well.