Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-07-2008 , 06:20 AM

moving joints

hi - i've been having an issue with a character that i've been trying to pose.

when i open the project i will find that the wrist joint has rotated out of the pose that i left it in when i saved. I'm not sure why this is happening - as far as i know, i haven't set any keys.

any ideas why it might be doing this?

# 2 10-07-2008 , 08:00 AM
so i think i've narrowed it down to the wrist joint - sometimes when i open the scene it's joint rotations are zeroed out. Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited by arran; 10-07-2008 at 08:04 AM.
# 3 10-07-2008 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
maybe freeze the transforms.., just a wild guess??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 10-07-2008 , 11:39 PM
thanks mirek.

actually it was cos i hadn't set any keys - i figured it out late last night. i thought if i wasn't animating, than i could just pose my model without setting any keys, which seemed to work, accept for the wrist joint.

# 5 11-07-2008 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
how odd??.., i thought it was jumping back to a bind pose until it clicked you are saying its just the wrist?? that is odd.., i dont know much about rigging and such.., so i guess there is a straight forward reason for this.., was it both wrists??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 11-07-2008 , 12:59 AM
yeah - just one wrist as far as i can tell - i'm not much good at rigging either. setting keys seems to work though. user added image