Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-01-2009 , 12:58 AM

Expression writing

hi every body!

I think the good way is to write expression in MEL for animation purpse. i want to ask ask some expert of Maya that how i can learn expression writing. i write expression for this purpose but vey little. i want to imrove my skill. but i am not able to find som perfect tutorial for the expressions on net. plz some one suggest me the right way to get more perfectness in writing expressions in MEL for animations.

https://www.3deastacademy.com
# 2 28-01-2009 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber
question for you:
have you any programing experience before?

check this out:
https://area.autodesk.com/index.php/t...utorials_list/
you have to be signed up to see the tutorials, but check out Conversational MEL part 1-3

i don't think it's complete, but it didn't worry me, because it only talked about real basic stuff that appears everywhere in every language

i skipped through this pretty fast and picked it all up, but that's because i already have a few languages under my belt (see my sig :p)
so, i'm not sure how a new comer to programing will go

also, check out the help files that come with Maya,
the tutorials there have stuff about scripting

can't say i've had much of a chance to play with MEL for animations, so i can't really point you out to any of my findings

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 28-01-2009 , 07:51 AM
If you want to learn scripting and you have a bit of programming knowlage open up the script editor and in the help tab opem MEL command reference and start to look through that its got samples for each of the different commands and you should pick it up pretty easy.

I use expressions a lot when animating particles or other semi random stuff, also knowing scripting is great for making little commands for rigging.

Mainly I use MEL to put in and pull out data form maya (not 3d stuff facts and figures for further analysis.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle