Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-01-2003 , 08:41 PM

Simple Quetion...

MY first question, so I'll make it simple. user added image How the hell do I change one of my view panels to be the "BACK" view? I'm converting over from Cinema 4D, the layout looks a lot alike on Maya and C4D, but what I'm quickly learning is that they are actually VERY different. I got some books on the way, so I'll be learning quickly. You can see some of my OOOLD work HERE.

Thanks
RR

# 2 24-01-2003 , 08:52 PM
SM Alumni
Just create a user camera, place it where you want, name it Back...now if you want it to be Orthographic like the Front, Side, and Top Views just change the camera from a perspective to an Orthographic camera user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.

Last edited by Darkon; 24-01-2003 at 11:34 PM.
# 3 24-01-2003 , 09:12 PM
Ahhh...I C...Thanks....

# 4 24-01-2003 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
I guess you can store this setup as a default ??? Hmmm I have always wanted another camera to work with.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 25-01-2003 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
or you can store bookmarks
in perspective more the camera to wherever u want to set the "back" position
in the view panel, select view>bookmarks>edit bookmarks user added image
the rest is pretty simple user added image u can do this as many times as you want, so just save a whole load of different camera views and u can create a mel script to cycle thru em all user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 25-01-2003 , 03:11 AM
cant u just go to views>predefined bookmarks>back?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....