Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-07-2011 , 09:21 PM

Eye detach from body when head is turned

Hello,

I'm new here, and I'm also fairly new to Maya.

I have found helpful tutorials and tips here, and I think the community here is very nice.

I took a little clip of my issue with the eyes not staying in place of the eye sockets below. I tried to paint weight on it but it won't allow me to do so - it doesn't turn black and white to let me paint weight, even after trying to add influence to smooth bind.

The eyes are nurbs and they are parented to the head joint.

I don't know what the problem is and I would like help on it. Please and thank you!

user added image

# 2 14-07-2011 , 06:51 AM
The thin red line
You could try deleting history and freeze transformation before you perent it...........dave

# 3 16-07-2011 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber
if you don't want the eyes to move ever you could combine them with the fish and if ever you want to remove them, select the fish and the eyes and shift+right click, separate

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin