Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-10-2011 , 09:17 PM

SP animation method with outline!

Hi SM forum.

I'm looking into using 3D space to develop a 2D game and video platform. I would like to use a similar method to South Park in that I move the limbs and expressions around on the front angle, but I want it to have a clean outline.

My method would probably be to make the pieces with actual planes and colour them with different lamberts, but can anyone give me an idea as to how I would make the pieces have a faint outline that is cleanly removed when it overlaps with another piece?

Your help is much appreciated. I understand this is kind of a weird question so please let me know if I need to define it better.

Roland

'Sup Jono.
# 2 31-10-2011 , 11:38 PM
The thin red line
I think you are looking for a toon shader or a contour shader look them up in the maya help files to see witch one sorts your needs,,,,,,,,,,,,dave