Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-12-2011 , 02:53 AM

Help understaning UV Mapping

Hello, I am a game programmer turned 3D modeler by necessity. Thus far, I've modeled and animated to my liking a set of characters. Now all I need to do is texture my characters. I've figured out the UV Texture Editor, as in I've got my UV Map ready and saved as png image. Then I drew the image as I wanted it in Photoshop.

But here lies a small bump in my road, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the image back into the UV Texture Editor or even on the object. I might be missing some small stupid thing, but could you help me?

# 2 22-12-2011 , 07:21 AM
SM Tea Boy
Sounds like you just need to assign your texture to a material and then assign that material to your mesh.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"