Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 27-12-2012 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber

Animated Ribbon Bow

I am trying to animate a ribbon bow untying itself using splines with extrusions and I am having great trouble creating the knot. Does anyone here know of any good tuts out there that will help me?

I have tried Google but haven't found anything which is why I ask.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 06-01-2013 , 09:52 AM
I am sorry no one has responded yet to this issue. but it is a pretty complex issue. and I was waiting to see if anyone else had some suggestions for you before I threw in my two cents.

the best thing I can think of is to use the nurbs curve for the ribbon and actually model out a piece for the bow and not make it out of the splines.

as for animating it untying itself my best advice is to experiment. if you cant find a nice way of doing it try and fake it as best as you can.

as far as i know nurbs curves dont like to fold in over them selves like a bow tie would which is why I suggest modeling it as a separate object.