Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-09-2013 , 03:38 AM
Lifetime Member

Blotchy Headlight Render

Hey everybody, It's me again with another problem (boy, must you be sick off me by nowuser added image).

Ok, I'm trying to render the headlight area of my car but it's causing me grief.

As you can see when I render without the headlight cover the render comes out fine, but when I render with the cover it causes a blotchy grey area to appear. I've tried playing with the settings but I can't get rid of it.user added image

Also pictured are my headlight cover material settings.

Attached Thumbnails

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 2 06-09-2013 , 08:31 PM
Super Moderator
This is one of those situations where I know I've seen it before but its been sooooo long I can't remember whats causing it. Could you upload the scene file or email it?(email is on my blog's contact page)

- Genny
# 3 06-09-2013 , 11:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Gen, I'm happy to upload the scene but it's about 9MB and the whole project folder is 275MB (with textures, images etc.) how do I go about getting it to you so that the textures still work?

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 4 07-09-2013 , 12:17 AM
Bored but busy
I think she means the scene file only zip it up and send that.