Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-12-2013 , 04:16 PM

Motion Tracking open source for Maya

Hi guys,

Since few days I am struggling with finding proper app or plug-in that I can use to motion capture either with footage (i don't have the special markers) or with kinect sensor. I can't find something that would be free and working. I need it either for Maya or Motion Builder !

user added image

# 2 08-12-2013 , 07:18 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 09-12-2013 , 09:57 AM
Thanks, i'll give it a try !
user added image

# 4 09-12-2013 , 02:42 PM
Didn't work out. It is aways so complicated to install these codes and at the end it doesn't work...blahhh

any other suggestions guys !?

# 5 10-12-2013 , 05:43 AM
What exactly did not work out. Saying it didn't doesn't shed light on the problem. Even with Faceshift I had to DL the DirectXSDK to get the proper codecs running on my machine for the Asus Xtion Pro I was running. So be more clear and maybe someone here has already encountered the problem you had that "didn't work out."

# 6 10-12-2013 , 04:00 PM
I had to install few packages and Visual Studio as well as other custom codes. I did follow the instructions strictly and at the end the software didn't work. It shows errors such as : some Openni DLLs are missing. (Sorry that I can't name them now the computer I have install it is at my school.)

Then i have download Openni and try to install it but I got stuck on one point !

The Kinect scanner program that has to send data to the maya plug-in it doesn't work properly.

btw Faceshift works perfectly on my machine user added image

# 7 10-12-2013 , 08:54 PM

# 8 10-12-2013 , 11:53 PM
Technical Director
Did you restart your machine? The OpenNI dll's need to be in the system PATH environment variable.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 16-12-2013 , 09:40 AM
I did restart it but it didn't work. I would try Chavfister's advice if I wasn't out of time already. It took me a way to much to figure it out and at the end I went back to the good old manual animation.

After the deadline I will definitely try again!

Thank you guys