Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-12-2014 , 05:54 PM

Animation shifts on X axis!!!

Hi Everybody,

First of all, I'm quite new to modelling and animation but already watched tons of tutorials user added image I modeled a Mechwarrior and animated it in Maya. My problem is, when I import the model in unity, my animation shifts on X axis although there is no movement on X axis in Maya. I double checked in graph view.

On the other hand, if I don't rotate(+15 , 0, -15) robot's hip(root_joint) on y axis, problem disappears. That move gives more realistic walking to robot so I want to keep it. I checked root joint and control curve pivots so they are aligned perfectly on Y axis.

I also tried to enable "Root Transform Position (XZ)" in Unity but in that case robot doesn't move forward.
Here is a small video of problem : https://youtu.be/QYeCUVX28l4

I'm not sure if anybody experienced such problem before but I'll be highly appreciated if we can come up with a solution.

Looking forward to hear you guys.