Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-06-2015 , 02:27 PM
EduSciVis-er

Icon file location - Maya 2016

Does anyone know where the tool icons are stored in Maya 2016? E.g. In the shelf editor, I can see reverseSurface.png. Where is that png file? Or how might I extract it? Or is it irretrievably locked away?

I understand that Maya now ships with high res icons for high res displays, and it would be lovely to access those.

Thanks,
Stuart

# 2 27-06-2015 , 03:22 PM
EduSciVis-er

Got the low-res icons at least!

I found this thread, but the penultimate post doesn't export anything, it just prints out the name of all the icons, as per the "except" statement.
https://tech-artists.org/forum/showth...ing-Maya-Icons

Edit before posting: Ah, got it, I had to replace the "\" with "/" in my windows path. I guess that's what python is expecting, a bit counter-intuitive.

So now I've got ~2200 pngs (albeit not the high res versions) and ~290 svgs. Beautiful. Perhaps if I run the same command on a high-res display I might get the larger versions? Perhaps someone could verify this before I go looking for someone who has one.

Code:
from pymel.core import *
for item in resourceManager(nameFilter='*'):
    try:
        #Make sure the folder exists before attempting.
        resourceManager(saveAs=(item, "F:/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/icons/native/{0}".format(item)))    
    except:
        #For the cases in which some files do not work for windows, name formatting wise. I'm looking at you 'http:'!
        print item