You were right.
Actually, it didn't work when I set it up as you suggested but after playing with it for few more minutes I discovered that by writing the usersetup a little differently got it to work. I just had to list the scripts in a different order. Instead of tacking on the bonustoolmenu script at the end of the usersetup file, I listed it first. That was it. It works! Here's what my usersetup file ended up looking like (I took out the comment lines):
source sourceMelLibrary.mel; sourceMelLibrary;
source setupPluginPath.mel; setupPluginPath;
source advCharTools.mel; advCharTools;
I don't understand why the last 3 scripts are preceded by "source" but the bonustoolsMenu is not. Probably because I haven't spend enough time understanding MEL. It's a handful just trying to wrap your brain around all of the typical "user" issues.
Thanks for the help Vlad!
Last edited by Velusion; 27-03-2006 at 12:29 AM.