Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 29-08-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
That's how fridge looked like from the back?!(Look of shock)

One way to make the puddle is to create a poly sphere, turn it into a smooth proxy, than flattening it down to the floor, tweak it, then apply your wonderful texture. I think.

# 47 29-08-2003 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm Better hit F1 on that 1...But I kinda understand, will give it a go...
Thanks user added image

Oh yeah, and can someone tell me how to fill a container with a fluid? (Container is revoled if that helps)....

Plus still need coily Cord and a mesh/grate...If someone has the know-how..?

Regards Scraggy

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 29-08-2003 at 07:41 PM.
# 48 29-08-2003 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
If you still have the revolved container's original curve, duplicate one and size it down, and revolve the second curve, it should fit your container well. I gave the fluid the same texture I gave glass (some color and play with transparency), that's the only way I know how :-).

Cord has something to do with twist deformer, but I was also defeated by that one, even F1 didn't help. :-(

# 49 30-08-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

Re: Liquid problem...

I should really have explained my container, it's kind of like one of those cheapo 'Washing up bowls' you put in the sink? I don't know if you have similar bowls in Canada..?
Kind of a squat shaped bucket, so the liquid will be viewed from the top only, as it's not transparent.
So I don't think that method will work (Or maybe I have it wrong?)

Hmm maybe if i just make a sheet of glass? Hmmm.... will give it a go...
Regards user added image Scraggy

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 30-08-2003 at 07:44 PM.
# 50 31-08-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for having me.. (hmmm) lol I better not...

Thanks all .... I really enjoyed that and learned so much !

Good luck to all who entered the competition............ user added image

And even double luck to those that have renders in the Final.
I'm really glad I don't have to choose the winner cos they are all soooo mighty fine/good AND completely different .... Nice 1 guys...

Scraggy

B.T.W. If you will still have me user added image (Scraggy tries to look 'cute' ) I will try next months. challenge..

" I DO DO Cute" user added image (well allright a creepy sorta "doggy" grin sometimes)