Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-09-2003 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber

New Female Model

Hey gang,

I'm on a mission to finally make a working demo reel, haha although I've been saying this over a year now. I have a burning platform now to get something done by March. So for starters I'm going to model a voluptious female model, and then pose her into a matrix-esque, possibly underworld scenario. Now, I'm lacking the proper teachings in proportions... something I'm working on. So if anyone can give me some simple C&C advice. Then I'll continue with the rest of my model.

Attached Thumbnails

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 2 16-09-2003 , 06:00 PM
The model looks good from the profile view, but the front has a few issues. The hips are too wide, making the area between the legs too big. I don't know if you just havent added them yet, but she needs some shoulders.
Also this may help. A human figure is usually 7 1/2 heads tall, but alot of people prefer to work with an 8 head guide. For a "voluptious female model", i think 8 heads would be fine. so from a front view, the lines that divide your model into "head lengths" would be first at the chin, then the nipples, the navel, the bottom of the crotch area, above the knee, bottom of the knee, lower shin, and then foot.

anyway, hope that helps. keep up the good work!

________

- Jacob
# 3 18-09-2003 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
Well here's a bit of an update, I used the "Joan of Arc" body to help shape my female body a little from what I had. I'm saving the head modelling till the end, and I wasn't going to move to the hand modelling till I got some C&C from you lot.

She will be eventually clothed, hence the reason I'm trying to keep the poly count down at the moment. I hope to transform her into a Kate Beckinsale kind of female character from the movie Underworld. Then animate her. Any tips, advice or comments are welcomed...

Thanx

Attached Thumbnails

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 4 18-09-2003 , 05:25 PM
Stretch Armstrong is cool