Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-10-2003 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

Life is so unpredictible

I could have easily been on the train that crashed today killing one person and injuring 20+ in my part of the woods.

We take life easy thinking that we will never die. Today I was shaken a bit. I know by tomorrow I will be back to normal but isn't this life bit screwed up? If there is a god I would like to ask him/her/it why exactly he causes so much misery in this world?
I guess he would telll me to shut up and send me a one way ticket to hell :-)

grrrr
# 2 24-10-2003 , 08:46 PM

Re: Life is so unpredictible

Originally posted by slickrenderer
We take life easy thinking that we will never die.

user added image if you think so... first of all, nobody will live for ever. YOu think you are safe when you are at home but in the next second a airplane crashs into your house. You can't hide of the death. I have to say (I know you wont believe it) I am a very reiligios person. I go two times a week to the church and I pray before I go to bed. You won't find any non-religious people in my family. I think it is because we are polish. We grown up with the religion. I mean..here in germany where I live are .. maybe 20 % of the german public religious. If you go to the church here (doesnt matter when) then you only see a few people. Maybe 14 but not more. Maybe because the pope is polish. And you may laugh but my dream is it to visit the pope. Anyway...

Oh and I am happy about that you weren't in that train. But also bad for the other people which were there. Lets pray for them...

# 3 24-10-2003 , 09:07 PM
<-- Budist

Sad thing the train wreck, yet it happens. We are getting killed here by the numbers anyway, I think we are starting to get inmune to human misery, seeming as we see it every frigging day around this place.

# 4 24-10-2003 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Thats true adl. but when you see the crushed carriage in front of your eyes it kind of drives the point home with a bang. I am pleasantly surprised that only 1 person died considering it was rush hour.

Eagle you a religious nutter as well :-) Man what is this everyone going all religious on this board :-O
Eagle you better hurry up if you want to meet pope he is kind of fragile right now. Anyway I won't tell you that the Pope is a normal man just like you and me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/eu...ine/index.html

Everywhere I look I see misery. People suffering. Eagle how does a religious man like you justify all this? Just curious :-O

grrrr

Last edited by slickrenderer; 24-10-2003 at 09:24 PM.
# 5 24-10-2003 , 09:25 PM

Originally posted by slickrenderer
Anyway I won't tell you that the Pope is a normal man just like you and me.

I know but do you know what he did in his life? how many people he helped? He once got shot from a turkish guy and later he went to this man in his cell and talked to him. The pope forgave what the man did. He did so many good things... I could write 4 pages but noone is interested so I won't.

##EDIT
I just saw your edit slick... What does god have to do with our wars and our stupid weapon and terror shit? WE created all weapons..... we dont have to discuss this...it will end in a fight anyway

Last edited by EagleKing; 24-10-2003 at 09:27 PM.
# 6 24-10-2003 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
# 7 24-10-2003 , 09:28 PM
check my edit

##edit

a sign...

# 8 24-10-2003 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber
Yes you are right but in his name lot of bad things have happened as well. He personally has been obsessed with converting non christian people in the 3rd world to christianity by using underhand tactics.....

grrrr
# 9 24-10-2003 , 09:36 PM
Are you sure that all those stories are true?

# 10 24-10-2003 , 09:41 PM

Originally posted by EagleKing
I know but do you know what he did in his life? how many people he helped? He once got shot from a turkish guy and later he went to this man in his cell and talked to him. The pope forgave what the man did. He did so many good things... I could write 4 pages but noone is interested so I won't.

Do you imagine what would happen to the church if he didn´t?

The way I see it, when you talk about religion, everyone believes he has the truth, when in reality you are just basing your opinion on ONE point of view.

I remember a budist friend of mine changed the way I perceive a lot of things when after discussing some war issues, he just pulled out a piece of paper, scribbled in one side of it .. and then pulled it up as some sort of barrier between us, .. he asked me: "What do you see?" .. "A scribbled paper" was my response, .. to which he replied: "I see a blank one" (Since he was watching the blank side of it.) ..

... was either of us wrong?

Nope. We just believed in our own particular truths, since after all .. everything we took for granted pointed that way.

# 11 24-10-2003 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
As sure as you are about his positive things :-)
Ok seriously I am sure he has done lot of good. So I leave him alone :-)

Remember the Kursk submarine disaster. It was night here when the hole was cut and it was confirmed that no one survived. That night there were some furious storms and lightning strikes. I was really shitting in my pants. It was like the heaven had opened up.

grrrr
# 12 24-10-2003 , 09:46 PM
OOh , smoke detector just went off. I see flames. hehe. I am an athiest myself. But just like I beleive one thing does not give me the right to tell anyone what to believe. Do you know the definition of tolerance is? It is not excepting one beliefs, it is putting up with something you know in your heart to not be true. Lets show some religous tolerence for eveyone each way please. Slickrender started this thread in the right place and please lets not cloud the issue.

I am sure glad you are OK. Life can take some interesting turns sometimes. You have to charish the moments. I just heard a sweet quote. "Happyness is a journey and not a destination." If you think about it, life is also that journey.

# 13 24-10-2003 , 09:54 PM

Originally posted by EagleKing
Are you sure that all those stories are true?

Are you sure all those stories in the Bible are true?

# 14 24-10-2003 , 09:58 PM

Originally posted by GreyFox
Are you sure all those stories in the Bible are true?

The way I see it, they sure as hell have helped a lot of people find their paths in life when in doubt.

Keep it light guys, do not go for flames here. user added image

# 15 24-10-2003 , 10:05 PM
I dont think im never going to die. Im not worried about dieing. The only thing im worried about is the pain you may experience before you die, and how it will effect my friends and family.

As far as actualy being dead... your dead, what do you care?

Glad your ok though.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!