Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-11-2003 , 09:01 AM

Viewport refreshing problem

Hi everyone,

I have just got Maya 5.0 PLE and I am having some viewport refreshing problems. When I go from the four view to just 1 view by hitting the spacebar, once the viewport has maximized, it just stays totally gray, no objects, no grid, nothing. I have to create a new object for everything to become visible again. I have snooped around the Performance Settings but can't seem to get the viewports to refresh properly. I have never had this problem with any other version of Maya.

My current system specs:

Intel Celeron 633mHz
256MB SDRAM
GeForce4 MX440 64MB AGP4x
Samsung 60GB ATA66 7200RPM HDD
NEC MultiSync XV17+ Monitor
1024x768, 32bit TrueColor at 85 hertz
Windows XP Pro with SP1

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys/gals
QwErTyKb

# 2 17-11-2003 , 09:14 AM
Maya 5 = buggy

Maya 5 PLE = Who knows...

My guess is it has something to do with either the preferences, the program or your video card, or a combination of the three. If the problem persists, go back to a version that didn't give you any problems. Sorry, but that's about the best advice I can give without knowing more about Maya 5.0 PLE or your system.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 18-11-2003 , 06:46 AM
Thanks for your suggestions Dave.

I figured out it was my drivers that were the problem. I had the new 52.16 drivers installed. I reverted back to the 45.33 drivers and now Maya works perfectly, the viewports refresh properly now so all is good.

Seeing as how I haven't noticed any significant improvements in performance of games etc with the 52.16 drivers, I may as well just stick to the 45.33 drivers until NVidia releases a new drivers version to see if they work.

Thanks again,
QwErTyKb