Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-11-2003 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber

Texturing Help

Can anyone recommend a good source that will teach me the absolute basics of UV texture mapping in Maya? I need a step-by-step guide on how to take, say, a cube, create a UV map that I can import into Photoshop. Then I need a step-by-step on how to re-import my photoshop output and add it to my model.

All the tutorials that I have seen involve "unwrapping UV's" which I have no concept of - let alone start trying.

I looked through our tuts here but there doesnt seem to be a great one. If one of our tut makers (Kevin, Mike etc) would spend 20 minutes throwing one together, that would be AWESOME!

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 2 20-11-2003 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
Ignore that post... I just watched the planar/uv mapping tutorial and now I get it. Whether I can do it or not is a different question... but at least I get it! user added image

That'll do donkey... that'll do...