Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-04-2015 , 12:29 AM

Maya Rig Problem! Help!

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner animator and I was working on a scene when Maya crashed. When I opened my file the mesh and the rigging were separated,(view image below) the animation that I've done it's only working on the rig, it 's a nightmare because my last backup was before an entire action that I had already animated! If someone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot a save me lot of work to do. Thanks everyone!

user added image

# 2 10-04-2015 , 06:26 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner animator and I was working on a scene when Maya crashed. When I opened my file the mesh and the rigging were separated,(view image below) the animation that I've done it's only working on the rig, it 's a nightmare because my last backup was before an entire action that I had already animated! If someone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot a save me lot of work to do. Thanks everyone!

Attachment 56626

That happened to me also, but I solved the problem by importing the character using "Reference Option" to the location where you want to use it, then I animated without any problem, try it may be it will work to you also

# 3 10-04-2015 , 02:18 PM
Hi, thanks for your answer! I 'm not sure I get it, I have to import my character from another scene to the scene where I have already created my animation? Is there anything I need to know to making the "reference option" work fine? Thank you!