Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-02-2009 , 05:49 AM

Seeing Textures in Maya

Hey Guys

Been doing some texturing in maya, after i had completed the main body by laying out the UV's then using maya paint. I saved the file and shut down maya and went to sleep the next day when i reloaded the file the texture work i had done was gone. However when i render the model the texture work is still there. Anyone know how i can see the texture in real time without having to render it like i couold before ??

-Andy

# 2 02-02-2009 , 08:34 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Barring problems, you should be able to press keyboard 6 to display them.

Jay

# 3 02-02-2009 , 09:10 AM
Hey Jay

Thanks for the prompt reply however it appears that pressing 6 doesn't work for this particular problem. I Discoverd that in my material attributes- under hardware texturing the textured channel had been changed back to none. Silly maya!!!

However thanks again for all the help

# 4 02-02-2009 , 09:59 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL yeah I forgot that one mate, well done!

Jay