Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-05-2004 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber

X5 CrashLanding Animation..Crits Pls

Please critique on my WIP crash landing anim...
Crash Landing

Requires DivX one of the last versions...

user added image

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........

Last edited by tricecold; 01-05-2004 at 08:12 PM.
# 2 01-05-2004 , 07:38 PM
the crash itself looks pretty cool, but once the ship stops and the cloud or dust/smoke move ahead of the ship it would seem like you put it in slow motion, what for? And then the dust/smoke simply disapears; shouldn't it fall down to the floor or mix in with the air? either way, your doesn't look like that, it looks just like if you had animated the transparency atribute, so it disapears in mid-air, and all at the same time.

(the crash was pretty cool though, I like the sparks/fire underneat the ship)

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 3 01-05-2004 , 07:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
Pretty good camera movement. I think the scene as a whole lacks scale, though. There isn't really a point of reference to distinguish size.

# 4 01-05-2004 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
ah yes, well i am gonna make a how to tutorial for turkish 3d users at my site so didnt really worry about the last dust part cos yes i animated the opacity and slow mo cos my computer kept crashing for some reason so i did it that way...

One Day, i will have enough money to buy a 15m yacht. Then i will take you all and have a world trip... One day .... yeah... one day.........
# 5 01-05-2004 , 11:44 PM
I think it is looking very cool so far!! Your camera work is also nice....Keep it up!

-------------------------------------------
# 6 01-05-2004 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
nice animate!
is the tut going to be in english ?? user added image

# 7 02-05-2004 , 08:08 AM
Subscriber
yeah can translate it to english if u guys want it in english why not user added image thnx for the comments BTW

# 8 02-05-2004 , 02:41 PM
Technical Director
Nice work but one comment.

The dust disapperars to fast. Other than that Nice work.

-Peace

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 02-05-2004 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber
Saw this,,, and just had to reply,,, great stuff,,, wish the plane crashed into the camera,,, would have been better... And got to agree with the smoke slowly disapearing,,,, its a little too fast and too sudden.

# 10 02-05-2004 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
well gonna rerender some parts and add some debris and stuff as soon as i get my laptop back from the service which i will hand in tomorrow user added image

# 11 02-05-2004 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
I think it would look more realistic if the ship catched fire a while after the impact with the ground. Thought about the dissapearing dust aswell, as Peltra points out.
Otherwise it looks really cool. like the atmosphere of the barren planet.

- S

Stefan Doverud
<a href="https://www.doverud.com/">www.doverud.com</a>
# 12 03-05-2004 , 05:31 AM
Subscriber
ok i will be back with 768MB ram and a fixed laptop to continue in couple of days with new renders afterwards. thnx for the all comments