Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 17-06-2003 , 03:00 PM
Who knows? Safari isn't even available in OS 9, so I can't say if it will be released for any other OS. Somehow I doubt it will be popular even if it was released for other platforms, because people for some reason really don't like Apple. Ah well, at least Windows will be getting iTunes for PC soon. Or something similar to it for Apple's Music Service. Maybe that's a start?

# 47 17-06-2003 , 03:01 PM
How is Safari is far as handling CSS/DHTML?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 48 17-06-2003 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys,

Um...ragecgi, would you mind if I looked at that tweaking you did also? I kind of understand what you were explaining, but not a whole lot. It's been years since I made a website :o but I also have to make a portfolio site.

thanks

# 49 17-06-2003 , 03:21 PM
I don't know too much about Safari's archtitecture, so you might be better off looking at the apps page on Apple's site.

https://www.apple.com/safari/

This is the list of compatible formats Safari uses:

HTML, XML, XHTML, DOM, CSS, JavaScript and Java, as taken from Apple's site. Hope that helps a little. user added image

I found something cool though.

"Open source

As with Mac OS X itself, Safari uses open source software at its core. For its Web page rendering engine, Safari draws on KHTML and KJS software from the KDE open source project. And of course, being a good open source citizen, Apple shares its enhancements with the open source community."

https://developer.apple.com/darwin/pr...ore/index.html

So there might be some sort of Safari like Open Source app out there already for other OS's.

# 50 17-06-2003 , 03:26 PM
Dax - go for ituser added image The files are all in that zip file.

Nitro - we've been having MAJOR problems here at work getting basic DHTML menus, and css2 spec things to work with it, but they say that in the next update, those issues will be fixed...

All of our code works on all platforms and all major browsers, so now it's just a waiting game to see how long it will take for Apple to catch up I guess.

I'm still rather impressed that they have been able to pull off this browser in the time that they have.

Time will telluser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com