Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-11-2020 , 04:52 PM

Using nCloth with nParticles

Hello, I am trying to create a simulation of falling leaves. I can apply nCloth to a poly plane, adjust the settings,
and get a desired result, but I would like to use a particle system like nParticles to generate the poly plane(leaves).
Whenever I instance an nCloth object in nParticles, Maya crashes so I am thinking this is not possible. Any
workaround getting objects to act like nCloth being generated by nParticles? Thanks for any help

James B.

# 2 06-07-2021 , 01:49 AM
Hello user added image

Is there a particular reason you want to use nParticles? I imagine just using nCloth to have the leaves fall would be a less complicated way to go about this. You could set up a few leaves to fall how you want them to and save them as an alembic cache that you can later import and manipulate/offset to give the impression of having more leaves if that's what you needed.

Or, you maybe could instance an alembic cache of a leaf onto the nParticles?