Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-01-2005 , 12:43 PM

3D Fork / Knife !!!

I have made these Plates and Glases witch is very simple by creating the pattern with the Cv tool and then revolving it...

How would you make the shape of a fork, forinstance?

Easy to make the outer line with the Cv tool, but how can i make this flate and bendable ?

Ore what shall i doe?

Last edited by Stevens; 06-01-2005 at 12:55 PM.
# 2 06-01-2005 , 12:51 PM

plz help!

So fare... Need the fork and knife!

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 06-01-2005 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber
I'd suggest making them in polys and then maybe convert to sub-d's, but I'm sure you can make it in nurbs as well somehow...

# 4 06-01-2005 , 04:47 PM
Hmm Okay!

I'll try playing arround with it then!

But if any one has a model they would share it would be greate... user added image cant realy see how i am going to get the exact shape..

Newbie problems user added image

# 5 06-01-2005 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
A knife and fork shouldn't be too hard to model... Just use the side and top views to create the basic shape, sometimes that's a lot simpler than working in perspective...

You can make it as a simple poly model and apply a Smooth Proxy to it (Polygons -> Smooth Proxy). This creates a smooth copy of your object that updates as you make changes on the unsmoothed model...

I think I'll have a go a making a simple knife to show you... Shouldn't take long user added image

Last edited by blomkaal; 06-01-2005 at 08:27 PM.
# 6 06-01-2005 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Her ya go user added image

A fork will probably be a little more complicated, but still fairly simple... Just remember if you're using smooth or converting to sub-d's that if you want a sharp edge, just use the Split Polygon tool to make a new edge close to the one that you want to be sharper...

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 06-01-2005 , 08:27 PM
Hehe Fair nok!

Så lige du var dansker user added image så jeg tænkte...

Jeg er totalt noob til "din orintering" user added image

Så sider bare og leger lidt med det! Men jeg takker for rådet, og Takker for kniven.. gør det en anelse lettere at se sig ud af !

Du har eventuelt ikke msn?

Ellers er du velkommen til at adde min mail:
stevens@jubiimail.dk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys!

Just noticed that he was a Dane!

# 8 06-01-2005 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
Begyndte også først selv i sommers, så jeg kan stadig huske hvor rart det er at få hjælp, og i starten kan det være en stor hjælp at se hvordan andre har gjort det og lære forskellige metoder på den måde... Det er derfor forums som dette er så gode, og især her er folk som regel glade for at hjælpe user added image

------------------------------

Yeah, sorry 'bout that fellas user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 9 06-01-2005 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by blomkaal
Begyndte også først selv i sommers, så jeg kan stadig huske hvor rart det er at få hjælp, og i starten kan det være en stor hjælp at se hvordan andre har gjort det og lære forskellige metoder på den måde... Det er derfor forums som dette er så gode, og især her er folk som regel glade for at hjælpe user added image

------------------------------

Yeah, sorry 'bout that fellas user added image

Started too ultimate themselves to summer , so i can be settled retain where rart it is that get benefits , and initially can be that være a extensive benefits that look how others has done that and teach various methods in that way. It is therefore forum that this is so good , and for the most part here's they as a rule pleased to be of use

thats what i got from that....haha

# 10 07-01-2005 , 03:17 PM
Translation of :

Begyndte også først selv i sommers, så jeg kan stadig huske hvor rart det er at få hjælp, og i starten kan det være en stor hjælp at se hvordan andre har gjort det og lære forskellige metoder på den måde... Det er derfor forums som dette er så gode, og især her er folk som regel glade for at hjælpe

should be =

I started using maya this sommer, so I still remember how nice it is to get help. And in the beginning it can be a big help to see how others has made a model and then learn to use different techniques from that.. That is why forums like this are so great, and especially because people here usually are happy to help you out.

user added image
user added image

I hope it helped - hehehe

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 11 08-01-2005 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
:p

Tak Carsten user added image

Nice try though TD user added image