Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-11-2007 , 01:16 AM

Movement constraint?

Hey

I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me if it is possible to constrain a polygon mesh or Nurbs surface to a selected region.

eg, to constrain a sphere between - 3 and + 2 on the Y axis?.

This may be a really newby question, hence the reason i posted on this part of the forum.

But any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

# 2 14-11-2007 , 05:58 AM
Subscriber
in the attribute editor of the transform node of the object there is a drop down called limit information. open that and then you could limit transformation scale and rotation to specified values.

greets

# 3 14-11-2007 , 11:23 PM
Thanks for the reply,

i am pretty new to maya though and have not had very much experience with some of the applications available in maya, i was wondering if you could give a little help on where to find the transform node of the object, thanks.

# 4 14-11-2007 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
the transform node is the top most node. when you click on the e.g. sphere_01 in the outliner thats the transform node.

looking in the attribute editor there are always sphere_01 and sphere_01_shape.

in case you are not sure you could select the object and then press the up key which brings you in the hioerarchy up. the object shouldn|t be in a group cause then you might ending up in the group node.

hope this was clear.

# 5 15-11-2007 , 01:16 AM
Thanks for that it really helped, user added image