Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-05-2005 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber

Right mouse button stopped working...

Any reason why my right mouse button no longer seems to work in maya? I have no idea what's happened, as far as I'm aware I just saved as usual last time and now its not working.

When I right click on a panel breakoff (for attribute editor etc.) the arrow pointer seems to mirror until I move the mouse away from it. Obviously moving the pointer itself isn't mirrored, just the pointer itself. I get no options at all with right mouse button in any situation, yet it works everywhere else in windows.

Sounds bizarre to me...

EDIT : The options actually seem to work fine, I just can't SEE them at all... what the hell? :|

EDIT #2 : Okay, even weirder - I have dual screens, it works fine on the other screen...

Last edited by petrol; 21-05-2005 at 06:10 PM.
# 2 21-05-2005 , 06:13 PM
The first and most obvious thing i would do is a repair to maya.. and if that doesnt work, then maybe a reinstall at worst..

# 3 21-05-2005 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
Ah our minds must work differently. I'm much lazier. I've not worked out the problem, but I did swap around the screens in windows layout, then swapped back, it works fine again now. Still don't understand why it did that, but can only assume it's a bug. I was thinking at first that I may have accidently shortcutted an option to not get options on right-clicks somehow.

Thanks for speedy reply though.

# 4 07-02-2012 , 09:44 AM

Wacom

In my case, it was the tabletservicewacom service that was causing the non-working problem of the right mouse button in maya 2011 and maya 2012.
I just stopped the Wacom tablet service in windows xp and restarted Maya, what solved the problem.

Regards,

Samuel

Last edited by sambh; 07-02-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Add info