Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-02-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber

Animation Competition

Every month we see wonderfully textured models... but it is all static! I would love to see and enter a quarterly animation competition. I say quarterly since I know how long it can take to animate!

Every quarter would give enough time, I think, to animate themes such as a walk cylce, throwing, falling, laughing ect. bit like the 10 second club. Talking of which ther would have to be a time limit on such things of about 10 secs too.

What say the board?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 04-02-2003 , 06:24 PM
I think an animation competition would be cool. Quarterly is too long though, especially for something short like 10 seconds. One month, 2 months max.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 04-02-2003 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
im liking the idea but i think everyone has to start with the same basic file (model fully rigged) otherwise it wudnt be fair user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 05-02-2003 , 04:35 AM
We could provide a basic file, but I wouldn't force everyone to use it. Not everyone animates the same way, and it wouldn't be fair to make them use a rig that is not suited to their working method. The basic file could be for newbies and anyone else who doesn't want to or can't set up a basic character. It's like forcing poly modelers to use NURBS and vice versa.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 05-02-2003 , 05:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
I wouldn't mind seeing what people could do with my Toon Mike model. user added image >plug< available in the VIP section! >/plug<

user added image

# 6 05-02-2003 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm, I was gonna say that's why I thought it should be quarterly to give people time to model and rig characters for the competition. But I aso thought that perhaps there should be several models with the same rig to use for the Newbies to work with. It doesn't have to be character animation either, perhaps a tank moveing over land or a submarine surfacing.

If I had time, and people were interested I would create some simple models and rig them with a simple rig (perhaps the setup machine) and provide then for use in the competitions - just a thought! I would do it but I don't know how long it would take.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 7 05-02-2003 , 12:18 PM
Kevin
This is being discussed now guys! Let you know in a day or so..

dannyngan (check mods area user added image)

# 8 05-02-2003 , 02:56 PM
This would be COOL!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 9 05-02-2003 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
I love this idea!