Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-10-2012 , 12:16 PM

mia displacement strength

Hello,

After some research I found how to add displacement to an mia material x, which was to plug an image into the displacement slot of an mia_x shading group node. But I can't seem to control the strength of the displacement. I thought maybe I needed to add another node to alter the image but couldn't find anything for that.

If somebody could explaine how to control displacement strength with mia_matrial_x that would be great .

Thanks for reading

Dan

# 2 18-10-2012 , 12:33 PM
The thin red line
If you go to the file node go down to colour balance and play with the Alpha gain or off set...............dave

# 3 18-10-2012 , 01:33 PM
The Nurb Herd
try...
plugging the texture into an rgb to scalar node and then into a set range node and then into a displacement node.

use the set range node "new min" and "new max" to control the displacement.

# 4 22-10-2012 , 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info, solved my problem.

Cheers

Dan