Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-06-2013 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber

Arch Viz Mental Ray Exteriors Part Two

Hey Dave any idea when you will be releasing volume two?

Also I did not get an obj scene file when I downloaded the files.

Is there a place where I can go to get them?

Will you be dicussing using mia round corners shader for use with Arch Viz?

And when compositing the scene file render with a background photo of the sky
are you using Nuke or After effects to compensate for the background film grain?

Cheers

Alan Wilson

# 2 02-07-2013 , 08:32 AM
SM Tea Boy
Hi Alan sorry about the late reply I've been away.

Instead of an obj I've included an all versions ma file, if you need an obj let me know.

Volume two will be out next week i use nuke I'll cover it in volume two along with grass, trees, bushes and plants.

Not sure on the round corners if it does not get covered i'll throw it up in the free section.

All the best
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 02-07-2013 , 11:28 AM
Subscriber
Hi David thank you for gettting back in touch.

As for the scene files, I was really looking more for the final setup of the render scene.

I have been following along with your other Mental Ray series, all great by the way.

A lot easier to grasp a hold of than many others I have purchased.

So is it possible to get a scene that I can open with Maya 2012 with your final settings.?

I don't need the house or textures simple spheres and the render setup.

Also is there a way to fake in cloud shadows perhaps even animate them ?

I have tried using a planer with a 3D texture with minimal results.

I ran out of time on the project I was working on and never got back to figuring out how to animate the effect.

Once again great tutorials .

Cheers

Alan Wilson