Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-10-2003 , 01:43 PM

What is an efficient model?

Hi guys!!!

I read a lot about efficient model or modeling but no one expalins it well...

Can some one help on this....i think for new guys like me will find helpfull this explanation, cause if u model a simple house and takes 3 hrs to render vs a house modeled by a pro and takes 5 minutes, something is wrong somewhere.....

Thanks in advanceuser added image

# 2 08-10-2003 , 01:52 PM
Think of it like a puzzle. You want to find the best way to represent what you're building without having too dense a mesh or too little. You also want to build it to be the least amount of hassle when it comes time to animate (if it's going to be animatable) as far as how it's put together. Same goes for things like Lighting and texturing. Discovering the most efficient way of doing something. Achieving the same lighting with 5 lights as opposed to 55 lights. It's a learning process.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 08-10-2003 at 02:00 PM.
# 3 08-10-2003 , 02:17 PM
simple!!!

-So first you have o study and analyze what u r going to do...
-Decide what will be the best tool...(poly,nurbs,sub's or all of them)
-start model
-do trial an error (thinking 3 lights instead of 55 etc or going from 55 to 3)

hmmm....practice is my conclusion, right? practice practice and practice.....

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 4 08-10-2003 , 02:24 PM
You've got it, bud. user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 08-10-2003 , 02:25 PM
thanks!! man

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....